Wednesday, November 14, 2007

GSM lottery for landline operators

News – GSM add 5.7 million users in October. Competition says "Congratulations" - and they mean it.

How about putting up some cell infrastructure and attending to call drops…? If they don’t do that soon, the mass user buildup will soon lead to a windfall for landline operators like BSNL / MTNL. This will be that odd instance when wireline telcos feel happy even as mobile competition notches up number of subscribers.

I’ve had a pretty bad experience throughout last week. None of my upcountry calls went through. Finally I made it through my wireline phone. I am sure this is the experience for most others too.

Get your act together GSM guys… Otherwise all those stratosphering valuation numbers you’ve notched would just be vapor in no time…! Can you afford that…?
.

No comments: